Ironworkers Local # 111 received a charter on November 4, 1907 from the International Association of Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Ironworkers. Making the Local 111th into the Ironworkers union. The first meeting place was Industrial Home in Rock Island with 13 members.
The first officers of Local # 111 were:
President- E.O. Defenbaugh and Secretary/Treasure - G.F. Ball.
By July of 1909 the Local had grown to 42 members. Since the initial charter the Local has experienced many trials and tribulations becoming stronger after each. Local # 111 takes great pride in its members and providing all of our contractors with skilled, safe and educated Ironworkers.